Guidelines: Maintaining your data on the registrar web
All updates are done within the Admin tag.
Fields marked with (*) are mandatory.
There are thorough descriptions and explanations for all fields. You find them behind the Help-link at the bottom of each page.
The password rules are the same for all types of passwords. They must have no less than 8 characters and no more than 16. The characters allowed are:
- ! # $ % & * + , . \ / : ; < = > ? @ _
Choose Registry Access
IP addresses. Fill in the IP address or the IP address block from which you will logon to the registry.
If you are not sure about the IP address: Take an EPP update. The command will fail, but tell which IP address that is used for login. Then you fill in this address.
Change EPP Channel Password. (Link at the bottom of the page.) This is where you change the EPP channel password. The change is effective immediately.
- Click Change EPP Channel Password. A new window is shown (fig. 2).
- Write your admin password for the registrar web (the one you are logged in with).
- Write the new EPP password, repeat it in the next field.
- Click Change Password. The password is now changed.
- Choose Organizational.
- Click on the contact you want to update (organization, legal contact, technical contact eller billing contact) (fig. 3).
- Make your updates (fig. 2).
- Click Update to save.
To add an extra technical contact, click (+) and write the name. Then follow steps 2-4 above.
To delete a technical contact, click (-) next to the contact’s name, then Update.
- Automatic renewal. Choose Enabled if you want your domains to be renewed automatically.
- Balance low value. You have the option to receive a notification when your remaining balance has reached a certain amount. You decide yourself what this amount should be.
- Balance low email. The email address you want the notification sent to. If you leave this field open, the notification will only be sent via EPP.
Choose Accounting. Here you can fill in your bank information and state whether you want a specific reference on your invoices.
Choose Public Data. The information on this page is published in the Whois database and in the list of registrars.
If you use a name or brand for marketing and CRM purposes which is different from the formal company name, you may register it here. Example: Norid in stead of UNINETT Norid AS.
If the mandatory fields are left empty, the company information from Organizational will be published.
Choose Email Lists. The registrar list is mandatory. Each registrar must register at least one email address. Unless you fill in specific addresses here, the email address from the organization object will be used.
Choose Users. To see which users are registered already, click Search. Your page will look something like this:
Add a new user
- Click (+) beside Username (fig. 5)
- Fill in the user name (fig. 6). We recommend that the full name and the email address are registered in case the user forgets his password.
- Set the access level for this user.
- Click Create
Create the new user’s password
- When the user is created, click Change user password (fig. 7).
- Write your admin password (the one you are logged in with).
- Write the user’s password, repeat it in the next field.
- Click Change Password to save.
Change user password
- Choose Users.
- Click Search.
- Click (pw) next to the user name (fig. 5).
- Write your admin password (the one you are logged in with) (fig. 8).
- Write the user’s new password, repeat it in the next field.
- Click Change Password to save.
- Click Search (fig. 5).
- Click the user name you want to delete, a new page is shown (fig. 9).
- Mark Verify delete (fig. 10).
- Click Delete.