The registry system offers a number of interfaces and services. New registrars are encouraged to try them out to learn how to use them as fast as possible.
This page provides you with the following information:
- how to aquire test accounts
- where to find the various services
- how to get started with testing
- how to provide feedback
Before you can start testing, you will need a couple of test accounts. Please dive into EPP test accounts to learn how to get them.
When you have received your account information, you can start testing.
About registrant (holder) contacts and identities in the test system
- Contacts for organization registrants must be given their real names and numbers in Brønnøysundregistrene (http://w2.brreg.no/enhet/sok/). Just pick an existing organization of an organization type accepted by the registry system policy.
- Contacts for private individual registrants must be a valid test person who will have to generate an anonymous personal ID for himself. See PID automat testing for more information.
The following interfaces and services are available for testing
- Testing against the EPP registry service
Testing your local EPP implementation directly towards a registry system test server.
This is relevant for registrars who develop their own EPP software and need to connect directly to a registry test machine.
Please dive into EPP testbed for registrars to learn how to test your local EPP implementation.
- Testing the EPP web client
This is relevant for registrars who do not have their own EPP software and want to use the Norid EPP web client to maintain their registered data.
Please dive into EPP web client testing to learn how to perform the testing.
- Testing the registrar web
The registrar web is an important application which all registrars must learn how to use.
Please dive into registrar web testing to learn how to perform the testing.
- Testing the whois and DAS services
These are the two lookup services.
Please dive into whois/DAS testing to learn how to perform the testing.
- Testing the PID automat service
The PID automat service is used by registrant applicants to generate an anonymous personal ID for themselves.
Please dive into PID automat testing to learn how to perform the testing.
- Testing the applicant declaration tool service
The applicant declaration tool is used to generate an electronic applicant declaration.
Please dive into applicant declaration statement tool testing to learn how to perform the testing.
Note: All data registered are dummy data that are stored in a registry test database. The data objects are normally kept for quite a while so that a registrar can build up a set of test objects. Norid may however delete the data from time to time to clean things up.
Feedback: Bug reporting, problems, comments and suggestions
If you run into any problems or have comments or suggestions, please read our registry system EPP test FAQ to see if the issue is already raised and registered.
If your request does not seem to be covered, you are welcome to report it Norid. Describe your problem or give your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.